As a young man of 55, I am sharing a little of my philosophy that I do not believe you have heard. This short list of 21 are based on personal experiences. There is a true story behind everyone of them and some are told in my autobiography Case Game-Activating the Activist.
My favorite is number 4. But please feel free to quote me on any of these sayings.
1. It is the responsibility of a civilized society to teach civility, not dictate it.
2. The difference between revenge and justice is, revenge is evil and justice is good.
3. A reject of man, is a project for God.
4. You can’t make it to heaven by raising hell on earth.
5. God made people not puppets.
6. You do not have to be an angel to do the right thing.
7. Give people more respect than they deserve and you will most likely stay above the nonsense.
8. If wisdom were a prison, only a fool would try to escape from it.
9. Apathy is the greatest sin committed against democracy.
10. It is both fortunate and unfortunate that we have commonsense to instruct us not to do things we have no sense doing in the first place.
11. If you don’t control yourself, someone else will.
12. I have seen jealousy and envy marry; their first born was self-righteousness.
13. If kids are not afraid of asking questions about sex, adults should not be afraid of answering questions about sex.
14. Sometimes you can be so right about a particular matter it ends wrong because you didn’t handle the matter the right way.
15. In trying to get the most out of a person, remember that if you stretch a rubber band too much, it too will snap.
16. Celebrating differences and or diversity, a nation moves forward, simply criticize them; a nation cannot move forward.
17. You do your best and God will take care of the rest.
18. A setback is really a step forward for those who are determined.
19. If yesterday were a bull-riding competition, people reluctant to change would have taken home all the ribbons.
20. You don’t need a scandalous mind, in order to make a dime.
21. Be a part of this community, don’t tear this community apart. (I have also inserted city or country when calling for unity)